Don’t forget! the Connect Vancouver Foundation is not affiliated with any Canadian cellular provider and does not receive a discounted rate. Think you can change this? Click here to contact us today.
SO WHAT ARE THE NUMBERS LOOKING LIKE?
Connect Vancouver is a registered non-profit and is proud to be 100% volunteer run. We want to use your entire donation for phone bills, but our costs, including cellphone acquisition, website fees and other expenses results in a small portion of your donation going towards external costs. For a better look at some of our most typical external costs, we’ve enclosed some of our most common expenses outside of phone bill funding, below. We’ve also included a general breakdown of what it looks like to get a client bill started and funded monthly from the ground-up.
From the moment we receive your donation, 80% of it is directed towards existing and future phone bills. The other 20% is allocated towards all of our external costs associated with running our foundation.
TYPICAL EXTERNAL COSTS
The graph on the right highlights some of our most common external costs. Some of our biggest expenses include yearly site website infrastructure costs, purchasing used phones when our supply of donated phones is depleted, and legal and administrative fees involved with running a registered non-profit. With the introduction of Connect Club, we also allocate some funds for school clubs needing initital start-up costs for fundraising.
PAYING FOR A CLIENT PHONE BILL
Because Connect Vancouver is not affiliated with a Canadian cellular provider, the monthly fees and activation costs we pay are standard consumer rates. Though Connect Vancouver actively seeks the most economical pricing model available, the 80% of your donation going toward’s cell phone bills, also includes initial activation and administration fees from the provider.